The Story Of The Farmhouse

Casa Fontegenga’s name comes from the contraction of the name of a small village close to the place, « Fontecorniale », and the name of the surrounding fields, « Genga ».

B8DEE062-5ACE-4DA9-B31E-74E867583AE4

Old farm from 1770, Casa Fontegenga was completely destroyed in 2005 and rebuilt by the previous owners, preserving the original stones and the external style of the old Marchigian farms…

Before the demolition of the old farmhouse, dated 1770…

During the reconstruction works, done in 2005 by the previous owner, and using stones from the original farmhouse…

Several years passed before the interrupted reconstruction was put for sale….

In September 2017, a Belgo-Italian couple from Brussels, acquired the unfinished farmhouse after 4 intensive days of hunting farms in Le Marche… Realizing a dream…

In February 2018, Giancarlo and Lydiane started the reconstruction to finish completely the house, also using the stones from the old farm for some walls inside the house but also in the garden…